Little Bow Tie Tutorial
Don't you just love a little kid in a bow tie?
I've been trying so hard to think of projects that we can do for the little men in our lives, but it's tough to do! They just can't accessorize the way our little ladies can. But a bow tie is very cute on a little gentleman, and it's quite couture on little girls, as well!
This is so easy to make, you're going to want to make one in every fabric!
Just cut out your fabric;
(This will make a toddler-sized one, measure your child's neck first, and adjust slightly for babies or kids)
4 rectangles, about 3"x5"
1 long strip, 15"x2.5"
1 small rectangle, 1.5"x3"
2) Place two of your 3x5 rectangles on top of the other two, and sew almost all the way around, leaving enough room to turn inside out.
3) Turn inside out, fold the openings in, and sew on top, all the way around each rectangle.
4) Fold under each side of your long strip, and sew them together, facing in so that the seams don't show. Then sew around the rest of the strip, to give it a finished look.
5) Do the same thing with your smallest rectangle.
6) Lay both of your bow pieces, on top of each other, in the middle of the neck strap. Place the smallest piece over the bows, and wrap it around to the other side.....
7) Pull very tightly and pin. Then stitch it closed with a needle and thread.
8) Sew on velcro or snaps, measuring around your child's neck first to see where the fasteners need to go. Give yourself a little leeway by adding extra velcro, or extra snaps, so they can wear it as they grow!
How cute. Your daughter's a doll. Thanks for thinking of those of us with boys!! :)ReplyDelete
Fabulous!! I would never have thought about a bowtie for a little girl, but it's gorgeous on your daughter!ReplyDelete
I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
Oo super cute. Since I don't have any little ones (save for a new kitten) I think I'll make this into a belt for myself! Thanks for the idea!ReplyDelete
This is why I WISH I had a girl!!! How cool is that-you make tu-tu's and bow ties!ReplyDelete
I can make one for my three (!) boys-Love it!
(From SITS-Happy Sharefest Saturday!)
I love the cropped jacket that you posted on Wardrobe Refashion. It's cute. And I love the t-shirt neck scarf. Thanks for the tutorial. I think these would make great gifts. I think even my teenager would like one of these. I'm going to sign up as a follower and put you on my blog list.ReplyDelete
Love it!! I found you by googling "tie tutorials". I need to make a long version for a little man...but yours is awfully cute, too!!!ReplyDelete
I love this on a girl or a boy!!!! Yeah! I am featuring this on somedaycrafts.blogpsot.comReplyDelete
This is soooo adorable!! HOW CREATIVE!!ReplyDelete
Thank You I need this very much, thank you!ReplyDelete
Thanks!~ I need a bowtie for my son's vampire costume. :)ReplyDelete
I love it! I'm going to have to make a bunch of these for Christmas this year. I like to make handmade gifts but I was stumped last year on what to make for my three nephews. I wound up not making handmade gifts for their sister either just because I just got a big gift for all of them instead. But this year I can go all the way handmade!ReplyDelete
Very cute! Oh, how I wish my daughter still let me pick out her clothes...ReplyDelete
Great tutorial! I made this for a friend's little boy's 1st birthday. I even used it as the "bow" on top of the package!ReplyDelete
Thanks! Can't wait to go grab some knit and make this up for Easter for my 2yo!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for the tutorial! I just made one for my son:ReplyDelete
Thanks for the tutorial! Just made a red one for my 9mo old son to go with a vest that my mother made for him. It is adorable!ReplyDelete
simply awesome! thank you doll! my son has been beggin for a bow tie. brings me back to my rude girl days. :) thanks again, now I can give my boy a cute little boy tie.ReplyDelete
I dont have a little one, but i made one for me! cutecute. i musst say im quite impressed by how easy it is!ReplyDelete