A Bath Pouf. That, Um, Looks Like a Rose....
Have you ever had an idea, and you thought "That's awesome! It'll be so fantastic!!" and then you make it, and you realize that it's really kind of kooky? That sort of happened here today. (well, a couple of days ago)
I was trying to think of something to do with these old towels I had. I think sometimes I try to hard to think of craft ideas. That's when projects like this are born:
It's a bath pouf. Out of an old towel. Kind of kooky.
But, I thought I would post it anyway, on the odd chance that someone might want to make one.
And if not, please enjoy a laugh at my expense :o)
- What you do, is cut about 1.5 inches off one side of towel (to get that finished edge), and two circles out of the middle. I think I traced a random lid to get my size.
- Then sew a long strait stitch on the raw edge of the two strip.
- Gently pull the bottom thread to gather your strip, pretty tightly.
- Sew it onto one of the circles in a spiral shape, starting on the outside.
- Cut a 1.5"x6" strip, and finish the edges with a tight zig-zag stitch.
- Then pin the two circles together, with your 7" strip laid across the bottom.
- Sew a tight zig-zag around the two circles, sewing right over each side of the strip on the bottom.
- Trim the edges of your handle to match the circle edges!
There. All done! At least they're easy!
Maybe it would be cute in a gift basket?
Ghetto craft aside, I am feeling so cheery today!
It's a beautiful, sunny day, the esspresso's brewin', and I've got nothing to do!
I hope you're all having a cheery day today, too!
P.S. What should I make next??