Just a quick idea for a last minute Mother's Day gift!
I've been wanting to materialize this idea for ages, but I'm too cheap to buy a shadowbox frame. :o) I found one at the Dollar Tree recently and it was perfect for making a "MOM" photo!
Here's how to make one!
- Print two copies of the same photo.
- Copy "MOM" or any other design onto the back of one copy.
- Cut out with a craft knife or scissors.
- Use double-stick foam tape (craft or home improvement stores) to attach the letters (design) to the other frame, matching the photo exactly.
- Slip it in your frame and give to mom!
- Choose a lighter photo for a more obvious "MOM". Mine was a little on the dark side of the force.
- Another option for more design emphasis would be lightening one of the photos a little more in a photo editing program before printing. The slight variation in exposure would make the word pop!
- Make sure that if you are choosing a word or design that isn't the same backwards as it is forwards you cut the design out backwards. (Or simply cut it out on the front side.)
I would love to find a photo of me with my mom and sister to give to my mom. It would be great with "DAD", too! Or like I said, any design! My original thought was a heart or flower shape or cutting out the actual subject of the photo to make it pop out just for fun.
I hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful Mother's Day, everyone. :o)