Happy New Year! DIY Party Blowers!
So, I know that New Year's Eve is tomorrow and this idea is a little late, but since party blowers are good for occasions year-round, I thought I'd share it anyhow!
I had saved a party blower with ripped fringes from a party a few months back (don't judge me) and last night I played Dr. and made it new fringes with scrapboking paper. It was so fun that I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a package of 12 more. (12/1$! I love the dollar store you guys!) so Paige and I could play around with them this afternoon, which we both really enjoyed.
We used pretty papers, we used chiffon (which gets tangled too easily, I don't recommend), we even used feathers! The feathers were my favorite.
Paige's were all blue, which I loved. Girl loves blue now.
- remove the old fringes (or paper cone)
- cut a 4''-6'' long piece of fabric, at least 3'' wide.
- snip fringes, about 1/4'' wide (just eyeball it) until about 1'' from the top.
- use a glue stick to put glue along the top and wrap around the plastic piece.
For the feather version:
- place a 3'' piece of double stick tape onto the back of coordinating paper. Cut out around the tape
- lay feathers down onto the tape
- snip the tops off even with the paper
- wrap around the plastic piece and hot glue the end down
Then make noise!!!
Happy, happy new year, guys.
Do you have any new year's resolutions? I don't normally do that kind of thing in a formal way, but I do a couple of things I'd like to get a handle on this year.
1. Taking my time. I don't know if you guys know this about me, but when it comes to patience, I'm five. (I guess that means Paige is older than me?) If I'm not moving or doing something I literally squirm like a toddler on a church pew. Having energy is good, but I really struggle with the patience to take my time and do things well. Do any of you have that problem? Even when taking pictures, instead of double checking my settings, I snap the shutter like a crazy person and *hope* some of them turn out. I'm sure I'd save myself so much time if I just took the time.
2. Replying to emails. (And this actually might be a "take the time" issue also.) Some of you may know firsthand what a terrible communicator I can be. Ugh. If you do, I'm so. sorry. Please know that I don't ever ignore emails or purposely not write back. It's just that when it comes to remembering that stuff, I have pretty much the brain power of Pooh Bear. And I feel incredible guilt about it almost daily.
So those are my two.
If you do have a New Year's resolution, will you share? I really enjoy hearing what other people's goals are, it's sort of inspiring in a way. I love how humans set goals. How cute is that? You don't see panda bears making little lists about how to improve. Humans are my favorite!
OK. Well, happy New Year!! I hope it's off to a great start for you on Tuesday. I think this year is going to be a good one, guys.
Oh! P.S. Me/Paige are in the current issue of Fresh Style if you would like to check it out! They asked me to submit a few more kid's crafts and I made hand puppet scarves, polka dot art and little toy-topped "pen pals". It was really fun. (Thanks Fresh Style!!)
Click the photo if you'd like to order online!