Easy DIY Sequin Suspenders!
I am obsessed with this stretchy sequin trim, you guys. It's inexpensive and, as far as I'm concerned, belongs on everything in sight. If I could persuade my husband to trim our car in it, I think I would.
But for today I'm settling for awesome suspenders for the lovely:
We are loving them so much! And to make them, all you need is stretchy sequin trim and suspender clips! Awesome. (If you want to add hearts like ours, you'll also need felt or leather and a strong hold glue.)
Our sequin trim came from Walmart and it was less than $3 for a spool. I've also seen it at JoAnn's for a similar price, and I believe they had other colors as well! You probably need a pair in every color. You can also buy suspender clips at JoAnn's, but we got ours off of some old man suspenders at the thrift store.
The process is so easy, it will blow your mind:
- Measure across your child's shoulder and add 2'' then cut two lengths of trim. Fold each end around the loop of a suspender clip.
- Sew across with your machine or by hand. Crisscross them in the back (while worn for best results) and put a few stitches there as well.
- Or cheat and use a glue gun. I hot glued the pink pair and they seem to be holding up great!
- (Optional) Cut two felt or leather/vinyl hearts for each clip and stitch them together back to back with embroidery thread. (Or regular thread doubled up a couple of times.)
- Glue to the top of the suspender clip. Unfortunately, hot glue won't cut it for this step, as it doesn't adhere to metal very well. So you'll want to use a strong hold glue like E6000 or something similar. Hold it in place with a clothespin until dry.
- And then just look amazing:
I'm pretty sure your darling will love them. And btw, you might need a pair for yourself...maybe in black?
Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow!! I hope you have a great day celebrating love. :o)