DIY Crepe Paper Carnations!
When I threw a baby shower for a friend recently I wanted lots of flowers, so I decided to DIY a few. I feel like half of the projects I make are flowers, I love flowers!! These carnations are made out of crepe paper and wire flower stems.
What you need:
- Crepe paper
- Scotch tape
- Wire stems (I used stems from a $ store flower bunch) or straws, pipe cleaners, wooden dowels, etc.
- Wire cutters
- Fold a 15'' length of crepe paper in half, then in half again, etc., until it is about an inch wide.
- Use scissors to snip the ends to create a frayed look. For a scalloped petal edge, snip three rounded bumps in the top.
- Roll the strip up, bunching the bottom up as you go.
- It should look like this when you're done.
- Poke a wire stem through the top and pull downward until it isn't visible in the flower anymore. Wrap tape around the bottom of the bloom.
Hope you're having a great night! Right now I'm listening to the rain hit the stairwell to our basement and it is the best sound. I love spring rain!!