It's Valentine's Day soon! Yay! Pink day!! I whipped up these little felt garlands for a project I'm working on at home, and I thought I would just share the how-to while I'm at it! So here ya go!
Scalloped Heart Garland
- Print heart patterns at full size
- Cut out heart patterns, pin to felt, and cut out.
- Hot glue twine or other sturdy string to the top third of the scalloped heart.
- Glue smaller heart on top.
- Continue until all your hearts are glued, about 3" apart.
Puffy Heart Garland
- Print small heart pattern and cut out two felt hearts per puffy heart.
- Hot glue string to top third of one felt heart.
- Glue a small ball of stuffing in the middle of the heart.
- Carefully glue the second felt heart on top.
- Tie a knot on the side of the heart, add a pony bead, then tie another knot on the other side of the bead. Add another bead about 2.5"-3" away from the first heart.
- Repeat for as many hearts as you'd like!
Oh! Guys! Update on that? Eating no sugar is literally the best thing in the world. It's been a month now, and my energy level is through the roof! I'm not playing, I feel like a completely different person. Actually, I feel like I'm...me. Like the person I used to be, had always been, until I wasn't. You know what I'm saying? I had originally planned to go two months without sugar, but after feeling this difference, there is no way I'm going back after February. (I feel like I'm trying to sell a diet pill right now, but seriously!!) I can definitely see God working in this, because the timing is just magical. I don't think I would have been able to find the motivation or endurance to start Joy Medley without this change in my health.
Speaking of that, thank you so much for your support so far! You guys are giving us the strength and encouragement we need to make this work, and I am so, so grateful to you. You've always been so kind, I just really like you a lot. I'm pretty sure I have the best blog readers of any blog out there, but don't tell the others! Anyways, I have a feeling in my gut that this business is going to be successful, and you guys will always have a special place in my heart as our first customers and supporters. :) And shoutout to Lindsay, who was our first customer ever!!! She'll be a celebrity at our "headquarters" (ok craft room, but someday it'll be a headquarters!) forever.
Ok, I have to go, but I love you! See you soon.