In honor of my birthday, I thought I would take a little break so we can all set down our projects and get to know each other better. :o)
Over the last (almost) year, you've all gotten to know me a little through my blog, but I wanted to get a little more personal and introduce you to a little of the "real" Disney.....Whatever that means. :o)
So, here we go; some random facts of interest (hopefully!) about me!
- I'm a chameleon. Which basically means that when you're around me, I adapt to you. Sometimes this is a wonderful gift (for instance, people usually feel very comfortable around me, and I'm able to make friends easily!), but sometimes it's not so good....being a chameleon means that I really have no idea who I am.
- However, one area in which I am most certainly unmoved, no matter who's company I am in is this: I love the Lord. I love Him, love Him, love Him. He is my "big picture", and nothing else really matters in the end.
- If you're around me for more than a couple of hours, you will most likely be introduced to my goofy side. (Don't be afraid! I'm ok.) I like to blame it on the fact that I was home schooled. :o) We had lots of fun growing up. (Thanks mom!) One of my favorite past times is laughing until I cry with my mom, sister, and close friends. (And occasionally around people who hardly know me....)
- I was extremely overweight in my preteen years. I wish I had a photo to share with you, because I know you would get a huge kick out of it! My older brother loved to torment me about it, and his favorite nickname for me was "Lard Butt". He also never failed to point out that, when I jumped on our back yard trampoline, I "almost made it touch the ground!" Yeah. I'm pretty sure those couple of years ruined my self esteem permanently. However, I got taller, and my brother is now one of my favorite persons on earth. (Love you, Mark!) And p.s. I'm glad I was overweight. It's made me a much more considerate person.
- I LOVE the water. Especially beaches. Especially Washington beaches. I grew up in western WA, and our family used to go Ocean Shores often. I have to say, I've been to Hawaii-and it's beautiful, but I'd still rather be at home in WA with the brisk wind, seagulls, and sand dollars!
- I never take pain medication. I'm really weird about that. I can't stand the idea of not knowing how my body's really feeling! I didn't have any when I had Paige (not even the ibuprofen, baby!), and you know what? It wasn't really too bad. Besides, now I have a "pain card" to play on her later in life :o)
- I have no idea what my style is. Maybe it's that chameleon character in me again, but I just can't decide on one style! Am I J. Crew or Modcloth?? Maybe I'll call it "eclectic" and pretend I know what I'm doing. I can't help it-I just love everything! Putting together an outfit is like decorating a room, or painting a canvas. I get bored with one style and I just want to have fun with it! I do get the occasional stare in the grocery store, but hey, life's too short to worry about that kind of stuff, right??
But one thing's for sure......
- I try to play it cool most of the time, but in reality, I'm totally insecure about my blog. I wasn't sure if I should really tell all my readers that, but oh well. I'm being candid. :o) I second guess every post, and to tell you the truth, it's just hard to keep my feelings of self worth sometimes, with such great company! But I coined a little phrase to help keep my thoughts cheerful: You should never try to be better than anyone but yourself. Good philosophy, right?
Some other random things?
I was named after the Disney Chanel, not the theme park. In fact I've never even been to Disney Land! Scandalous!
I really don't like seafood. I'd rather eat cat food.
I never cry.
I get really down in the summer time, like some people do in the winter. My fair-skinned genes just don't do well in blazing heat, so I really have to fight the misery to stay positive! :o) On the other hand, when it rains, I feel like I could take on the world!
And last but not least, I really thrive on contact with people, so I wanted to say how much it means to me that you're here, reading. Your comments are such highlights in my day. And even those who don't have the time to comment, it's ok! Just looking at my traffic reports and seeing that you're here makes me so happy. Thanks so much. :o)
So what about you? I'd love it if you shared a comment about yourself while you're here! There's no reason I should hog the show. What do you love about yourself? Why do you craft? Do you have a blog? I'd love it if you shared the link with us! You can even leave your comment anonymously, and brag about yourself. :o)
And since I don't think I could ever learn and remember all your birthdays, let me take this opportunity to say:
Happy Birthday to you, too!!
Whenever it may be :o)
Take care, now!